SCHOOL WELLNESS POLICIES FOR NUTRITION AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
Park Place School is committed to providing a school environment that promotes children’s health, well-being, and ability to learn by supporting healthy eating and physical activity.
- All students will have opportunities, support, and encouragement to be physically active on a regular basis.
- Students will have access to a variety of nutritious foods that meet the health and nutrition needs of students.
- The wellness of every student is critical as important decisions and habits are being formed.
- Park Place School (PPS) participates in the School Nutrition Program, at no charge to our families.
- PPS will provide nutrition and physical education to foster lifelong habits of healthy eating and physical activity.
- Children need access to healthful foods and opportunities to be physically active in order to grow, learn, and thrive.
- Good health fosters student attendance and education.
TO ACHIEVE THESE POLICY GOALS
- PPS will provide opportunities for students to maintain physical fitness through P.E classes twice a week, and recess most days.
- PPS will adopt or exceed the state standards for physical activity.
- Mercy Chefs provides delicious and nutritious breakfasts and lunches to every student. Mercy Chefs often provides a fruit or vegetable not consumed in most students’ diets to try new tastes.
- Nutrition, wellness, and physical activity education will involve sharing information with families at Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) meetings and parent-teacher conferences as well as the classroom.
- We encourage students to attend outside organizations offering after school structured physical activities.
- Nutrition, wellness, and the importance of physical activities will be discussed frequently with students in the classrooms and especially in P.E classes.
- We are intentional in guiding our students to discover their strengths and talents, handling their weaknesses, and directing them to see their potential.
- PPS will periodically give the students handouts concerning healthy food choices, caring for themselves, and physical health.
- We will assess our efforts every quarter to determine progress and areas of improvement.
- Park Place School is committed to planning for continual improvement and will provide a learning environment of excellence and high expectations for each student.